Our Advanced Individual Training (AIT) will Teach/Master the Following Behaviors
- Advanced house Boundaries
- Controlled Barking
- Counter Surfing
- Trashcan Digging
- Playing with other Pets
- Recall (off-leash)
- Heeling (off-leash)
- Sit (off-leash)
- Lay (off-leash)
- Bed (off-leash)
- Crate (off-leash)
- Leave it (off-leash)
- Fetch (off-leash)
Advanced Individual Training (AIT) is a 2-3-week board and train program designed specifically for dogs older than the age of six months. The dog must have graduated our BCT or passed our BCT evaluation. AIT starts with a refresher phase, where we will review the basics with your canine companion.
Once your dog has mastered the basics, we select an E-Collar appropriate for your dog’s size, temperament and coat type. We then introduce the E-Collar in a way your dog will associate reward with a desired behavior.
Once your dog understands the E-Collar, we can move on to more advanced skills, such off-leash Recall, Heel, Sit, Lay, Crate, Bed, In and Out. All commands taught in this program are off-leash. All commands inherently include Stay, meaning your dog will remain in the last command until freed. Also during AIT, we will work on housebreaking and counter/reshape any unwanted behaviors, such as chewing, digging, barking, bolting (running outside doors/gates), jumping on people and furniture, and counter surfing.
While your dog is enrolled in AIT, we will create a private Google Drive folder where we will share pictures and videos of your dog so you can stay up to date and involved in their training.
Once your dog finish/ graduates AIT, they will be awarded a training certificate with their overall rating compared to other dogs that previously completed similar AIT curriculum.
Upon finishing the program/graduation, and after scheduling the drop-off date and time, we will return your trained dog free of charge. When we arrive with your dog, you will receive an hour and a half of orientation where we demonstrate how to correctly command your dog and properly enforce commands using the E-Collar when needed, the same way we taught your dog at our facility.
As the owner of your newly trained canine companion, understanding your dog’s new skills is one of the most important aspects of their success. Upon drop-off, you – and any family members – will demonstrate your ability to enforce your dog’s desired behaviors. This will eliminate conflict and guarantee a smooth transition as your dog recognizes you as their leader and food provider.
All our board and train programs are backed by lifetime support. This means we will assist you with any training issues through voice/video call, texts, emails, or through visual learning aids (i.e. videos of dogs who have had the same issues and how that unwanted behavior was reshaped). We can determine if an on-site visit may be necessary if more serious concerns or issues arise.
Who may benefit from our AIT?
- Owners who want their dog to achieve a higher standard
- Owners who want their dog to learn beyond the basics
- Owners who don’t want to be limited by the dog leash
- Owners who plan for their dog to serve in sport/protection/service/therapy/emotional support
- Owners who like to stay active and include their dogs in activities (camping, hiking, biking, running, etc.)
- Owners who want to eliminate/mediate the risk of their dog being involved in an accident (running into a street/highway), or getting in a fight with other dogs in public settings
- Graduation from our Basic Canine Training (BCT)/Rescued Dog Program (RDP)/Defensive Dog Program (DDP)/Aggressive Dog Program (ADP), or passing our BCT evaluation
- Potty and crate trained
- Friendliness toward humans and pets
- Most current vaccination record and rabies certificate
- A small bag of the dog’s current dry food
- Any additional medications or supplements the dog is currently prescribed or taking
Pricing, Enrollment, Pick-Up and Drop-Off
- Please reach out to us through phone, text, email or by submitting our online interest form to learn about up-to-date, rates for AIT. Please keep in mind that training costs may seem like a lot at first; however, we urge you to take some time to learn about the time required to properly train a dog so they can evolve into a well-behaved companion that is much more pleasant to be around for everyone. Think of training as an investment in your dog that you will enjoy for the rest of your dog’s life.
- AIT training slots are offered at very limited numbers so we can guarantee our training results. This means we ensure we dedicate the right amount of time for every single dog enrolled. AIT is such as popular program, a maximum of one new slot may only be available every few weeks!
- We offer FREE pick-up and drop-off for all of our board and train programs. We offer this service to help us learn more about how your dog behaves in their own territory. This is key in establishing a tailed program for your dog and your family. Our clients find our pick-up and drop-off service very convenient.